Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this book in a way that is hard to explain. I felt that this book was something different than what I've been reading, and it was mysterious. I still don't really know if I understand what exactly is going on with Mara or Noah. Hmm....and yet I found this book interesting enough that I'm am definitely purchasing the sequel as soon as I am able. So here is roughly what it is about.
Mara, is a typical teen angsty girl with her first real boyfriend and a 'fraidy cat' type personality. She and her best friend along with her boyfriend somehow end up in an accident and Mara wakes in the hospital with no memory of what happened. She discovers that she was in an accident at some abandoned building with her friends and that she is the only survivor. She is sufficiently freaked out and that's only the beginning because Mara starts losing time and suffering from hallucinations. Mara can't even differentiate what's real from what is fantasy anymore, and things get even scarier when after their move to Florida, strange things start happening around Mara. Enter the obligatory aloof hottie, Noah. Noah has his own secrets and he even seems to know Mara somehow before they met. Noah becomes something of an obsession and truly becomes a godsend for Mara, who needs someone in her life that she can talk to.
If this entire thing sounds mysterious and like I'm holding something back, well, I am, but that is not why it sounds that way. This book truely is a mystery, and one that I don't think is even solved within this book. There are still so many questions to be answered. Hmmm. You should pick this book up just for the pleasure of reading something new and interesting and different.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment