Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1)The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well. This book is a doozy because as a story I absolutely loved Ian so much to give five stars right away. As a romance, however, I would only give it three stars. All of the above things led me to the middle ground of four stars. Ian is such a dynamic character, he completely saturated my mind and was I could think about for several days after reading this novel. I told my mother, my step-father, and basically anyone who would listen about Ian and his madness and the resulting calamities. Ian, although some would consider him tainted and spoiled, was incredibly pure and in a lot of ways innocent. He had obvious mental handicaps, but none of them were enough to make him less desirable. He was a man through and through, albeit a man with eccentricities. It was these eccentricities that made him even more endearing to me. The same could not be said for the nefarious foes of this novel. Ian, with no real way to defend himself, is accused of several atrocities that he believes were actually the crimes of his dear brother who saved Ian from an asylum. His brother in turn believes that Ian did actually commit the crimes of which he is accused. What ensues is a dramatic tangle of secrets and lies between brothers each trying to save the other. To me, the actual love story part of the book could have been more of the subplot, or at least I think I would have preferred it that way. If you like dark and beautiful intriguing men in your lead roles then this novel is definitely for you!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment