Friday, November 16, 2012

Lichgates by S. M. Boyce

Lichgates (Grimoire Trilogy #1)Lichgates by S. M. Boyce

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm wishy washy about this one. Boyce created a fantasy world that ensnared my senses and challenged my imagination, and I can say with absolute confidence that I am grateful to have been granted the chance to read Lichgates. Thank you to Immortal Ink Publishing and NetGalley!
Kara is hiking in the mountains when she discovers a trail that she has never seen before. Eager for a new experience and a chance to heal from old wounds, Kara sets out to discover where the trail leads. The trail ends in a gazebo engraved with the word Lichgate. She walks through the lichgate to find a whole new world awaits on the other side. Disaster doesn't come too far behind her new discovery when a freak storm forces her into an ancient door where ancient magics await to give Kara a new destiny. Who would have thought opening a book in a library could change your life forever? Kara unlocks a thousand year old book of knowledge that paints a target over her head. In a world wear magic is as common as air and creatures out of your wildest imagination roam, Kara must find a way to bring peace to it's warring people.
So, the hard part is putting into words my personal thoughts on the story. I liked it, a lot, but I started to lose interest in the last little bit of the book. I don't know why in particular. Maybe because I thought the first segment could have ended before it did, or maybe just because by that far into the book, my brain was getting bogged down in all the little details and facts that I needed to remember. Regardless, it was a good story and I would definitely recommend it, especially to the teen crowd!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment